information, facts & questions
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MOST COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ASKED OF US
WITH RELATION TO OUR LEASING POLICIES AND COMPLEXES.
HOW IS POWER PROPERTIES DIFFERENT FROM OTHER LANDLORDS OF SMALLER BOUTIQUE BUILDINGS?
- Typically smaller buildings of less than 30 units are individually owned
- Often other apartments do not have proper management.
- We are the only provider of high end boutique buildings in the City of Dallas with full service staff, including:
- 24 hour emergency maintenance service
- Porter service
- Management Office open 7 days a week
- Full maintenance staff to handle any possible problem that may occur
HOW DO I REPORT A PROBLEM WITH AN EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD WITH POWER PROPERTIES MANAGEMENT OR LEASING AGENT?
- You may report a problem with your experience regarding an employee or resident anonymously to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or email@example.com
HOW DO I REPORT A PROBLEM WITH ANOTHER TENANT?
- You may report a problem with your experience regarding an employee or resident anonymously to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
WHAT IF I REFER ANOTHER PERSON TO RENT, DO I GET A REFERRAL FEE?
- Yes. We love when clients refer their friends. It really helps build a cohesive community. In fact, we have resident’s that get a referral fee on a monthly basis from friends they recommend.
- For every person you refer, you will receive a $300 credit on your account. The credit will be applied to your account 30 days after the referred client moves in.
RENTS & DEPOSITS +
How much is Rent ?
- Amounts vary depending on the project itself, the size of the unit, the number of bedroom/bathrooms and the common area amenities.
- Due Dates: 1st of each month
- Delinquent Date: 3rd of each month
- Late Charge: $75 initial/ $10 daily thereafter
- Rent Payments Acceptable
- Automatic Withdrawal from checking account, this is our preferred method
- Credit Cards (there is a 3% processing fee on all credit and debit cards)
- Personal checks. (No personal checks are excepted if payment is made late)
- Cashier’s check or money order
- We do not take cash due to liability issues.
How much are the Security Deposits (note: rates vary depending on term of lease)
- 1 Bedroom $400
- 2 Bedroom $500
- Cats $300
- Dogs (under 30 pounds) $500
- Dogs (over 30 pounds) $750
LEASING REQUIREMENTS +
What is needed to Rent ?
- Credit Report
- Criminal Background check
- In order to qualify, you must make 3 times the monthly rent.
- Processing Fee $ 55
- Application Fee (per applicant) $ 55
TERMINATION OF LEASE +
What are the Move Out Procedures?
- 60 day advance notice is required in writing
- Notice must be submitted before the end of the month
- No proration of paid rents.
- Resident may request walk through with a manager, otherwise the manager will walk the unit for damages within 30 days of move out
- If there are damage charges exceeding $200, the manager will call the client to give the past resident an opportunity to walk the unit with the manager and review the charges.
Showing the unit after giving notice
- Because we often run at full capacity, we will need to show your unit to prospective clients within the notice period.
- We will call and give advance notice before showing. We will give you as much notice as possible.
Lease Buy Out
- We allow residents to buy out their lease for a fee of 2.85 times the amount listed in paragraph 6 of the TAA lease contract
- The resident may sublet their unit without charge.
- The new resident must apply and pass the same resident requirements as the original tenant, there is a $55 application fee per applicant applying for the sublease
Transfer of Lease
- Many of our residents like to experience different buildings during their stay with us.
- We do offer transfers after a time period of 6 months
- Transfer Fee $ 400
- You must add the existing lease term to a new 12 month lease
- You must pay a new deposit and pet deposit for the new unit
Refund of Deposits
- Refunds will be determined after move out and after final walk through of unit to determine if there are any damages to be deducted from deposits.
- Possible charges for damages deducted from deposits
- Overall cleaning of unit $ 50- $100
- Trash Removal $150
- Carpet Replacement
- We do not clean stains. This is the responsibility of the resident moving out.
- If the carpet has an odor or a stain, we assume that the resident has already tried to remedy the situation and we will replace the carpet.
- 1 Bedroom $100 to $800 (size and depreciation)
- 2 Bedroom $200 to $900 (size and depreciation)
- Hardwood Floor Pet Stains $500 to $900
- Hardwood Floor Damage $ 75 to $150
- Full Paint $300 to $600
- Partial Paint (per wall) $ 30
- Blind Replacement $ 30 per blind
- Smoke Smell $300 to $600
- Pet Smell $300 to $600
What are the average utility costs ?
- Utilities include water, gas, electric, porter service and parking.
- The actual charges depend on the building location and the unit size.
- Average 1 bedroom unit utility charge $150
- Average 2 bedroom unit utility charge $242
- Some buildings require the tenant to connect their own gas, water and electric through the various utility agencies.
- Some buildings have what is known as “all bills paid option” which is added to your monthly rent.
- Resident is not required to pay deposits
- Is able to have a set utility payment per month regardless of usage
- Who do I contact to hook up my utilities?
- Electric – You may chose the provider of your choice
- Gas – TXU Energy
- Water – City of Dallas
- Cable – provider of your choice. Some of our properties allow for the multi dish program, but we do NOT allow individual dishes on ANY property.
- Internet – provider of your choice
- Trash is to be disposed of in the large containers only.
- Trash is never to be left outside the door.
- Please do not leave trashcans around the property.
- Trash left outside the large containers by a resident will be subject of a $50 to $200 fine.
- Porters are instructed to identify the resident leaving the trash by opening the trash bag to check for any information that would give us the name of the culprit.
- We offer free Wi-Fi in the common areas for the following properties:
- 5200 Gaston
- 5601 Gaston
- 5727 Gaston
- 6011 Gaston
- 7130 Gaston
- We do not offer free Wi-Fi in any of the units
Pet Policy +
We love pets, but we have a few requirements:
- Cats $300
- Dogs (under 30 pounds) $500
- Dogs (over 30 pounds) $750
- We do not allow pet sitting.
- We consider pet sitting the same as harboring a pet without a deposit.
- The resident will be in violation of the lease and be charged a $500 fine on top of the deposit and pet fees required in the lease.
- Please not that we may terminate the individual’s lease depending on the breed of pet found and the location of the unit.
Picking up after your pet:
- Owner is responsible to pick up after their pet
- We take great offense to dog owners not picking up after their dog. It is extremely inconsiderate to the other residents and to our hardworking porters.
- Please help us stop this offense. If you see a resident directly violating this ordinance, simply snap a picture, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com anonymously, and we will handle the rest.
- Violation Fee - $50 to $500
- After several offenses, we could terminate the lease.
- We take your personal health and cleanliness very seriously.
- We offer a private dog park for our residents at the Bungalos and the Verandas. The dog park is complete with a private bathroom, grill, cabanas, outdoor lounge beds and fireplace.
Dog Leash Law
- All pets are required to be on leash.
- Violation Fee $ 50 to $500
Dog Breed Restrictions:
- We do not allow the following aggressive dog breeds. Call our office regarding any questions about any other possible aggressive breeds.
- Pit Bulls
- German Shepherds
- 5200 Dogs allowed in lower units with yards only
- 5601 Dogs allowed in lower units with yards only
- 5727 (call leasing office for further information)
- 6011 Dogs allowed in lower units with yards only
- 7130 A and B units (call leasing office for further information)
- All other properties have no restrictions
- We do not accept dogs over 50 pounds
- Both pets together cannot exceed a combined weight of 50 pounds
Number of pets:
- We do not accept more than 2 pets per unit
Refund of deposits:
- call for information as details may vary.
Monthly Pet Rent
- $15.00 per pet
APARTMENT UNIT / CONDO UNIT INFORMATION +
Is there an onsite manager on each property?
- We have an offsite manager available to answer any of your questions 6 days a week.
- The managers office is located at the Power Properties main leasing office located at: 5923 Gaston, Dallas, TX 75214 (214) 550-0000
PREMIER VS CLASSIC RESIDENCES
- The premium units typically have higher end finish out and are more expensive per square foot than the standard units.
- Power properties currently manage over 800 rental spaces. There is not a set standard for our properties. Some of the units are finished out as nice as a 5 star hotel; others may be aged with character and have more standard upgrades.
- We do not price our units based on square footage but rather the amount of money put into the individual unit.
- For those that are interested in a larger space for less money, we will have that in our inventory.
- For those that require extremely high-end finishes, we have those spaces as well.
- This is a term used for smaller complexes that are privately owned
- A courtyard project is a building which all the units are directly on a courtyard and/or pool
- Our courtyards and pool areas are regarded as some of the most beautiful spaces in the city.
- Each unit will have this exclusive view.
Do you quote square footage?
- No, we do not quote exact square footage, we do give estimations
- All units have floor plans available, some of which are in 3D
- Every unit is different with variables in the floor plans; therefore it is very difficult to give out exact square footage.
- Many of our properties already have new stainless steel appliances. Others offer a more basic option of white appliances.
- If a client desires to have all new stainless steel appliances in their residence and there are only standard white appliances, we can change out the appliances for a monthly fee of $50.
- The unit would need to be measured to confirm the new appliances will accommodate the current cabinets.
- We offer apartments with hardwood throughout, including the bedrooms.
- Others have hardwoods in the main living area, carpet in the bedrooms.
- Tenant has option to pay a charge of $30 per month for a 1 bedroom and $60 per month for a 2 bedroom, to have hardwoods added to the bedroom in place of carpet.
Washer & Dryer Hookups
- Many of our units have full size hook ups in the units.
- Selected units have washers and dryers in the unit.
- Some of our communities offer free washer and dryer facilities.
- Power Properties has just completed an extensive renovation on the majority of the roofs for our properties as of 2013.
What is the community like?
- We strive to provide a serene and calming experience for all our residents. We even go so far as to pipe calming music throughout the courtyards and pools in select properties.
- For this reason, we do not allow large parties in the pool and courtyard areas.
- We ask that resident’s turn off their music in their private homes after 10:00 p.m. at night until 8:00 a.m. the following morning.
- We cater to a niche of clientele that tends to be a bit more sophisticated. For instance, our residents are more inclined to be reclining by the pool with a glass of wine rather than partying with a keg of beer.
PRIVATE YARDS & PATIOS +
We offer several 1 and 2 bedroom units with fenced yards in the lower units and balcony/patios in the upper units.
What is allowed on my private patio or porch?
- Potted Plants
- Outdoor patio furniture
What is not allowed on my private patio or porch?
- We do not allow personal property on the patio or decks
- We do not allow drapes or enclosures of any sort
- BBQ Grills (building code violation)
- Storage boxes or bins
- Dead Plants
- Empty Pots
- Cleaning Products
- Brooms, Mops
- Decorations attached to walls
- Indoor furniture
COMMON AREAS & POOL +
What is allowed on common area walkways or community tables?
- We do not allow personal property on the community tables or walkways.
How many guests may I have at the pool?
- One guest per resident
- The resident must be present with the guest at the pool.
- We do allow for more guests, but we require a written request from you, approved by management, for more than one guest.
- Requests are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if a guest visits the pool without my presence?
- The maintenance staff is instructed to call the police for any unauthorized people within the premises.
- They are instructed to file a criminal trespassing charge.
What if I notice an unauthorized person by the pool?
- Please call the office, IF DURING OFFICE HOURS (214) 550-0000, OR our emergency maintenance number (214) 325-6727 to report the suspicious person in the pool / courtyard area. They will handle the rest.
If I live in a property that does not have a pool, can I use the pool at other projects?
- For the safety and enjoyment for those that live around the pools, we do not allow residents to have use of each other’s pools or common areas.
I would like to use the gas heaters but they are out of propane. What should I do?
- The gas heaters are for the enjoyment of the residents. However, we only supply propane for the gas heaters twice a year.
- Residents are free to purchase propane on a needed basis. If you are having a special dinner or an authorized gathering, the heaters are a great way to insure that you and your guests are comfortable.
- For safety reasons, please call our maintenance department to have the propane tank removed, and installed after you have it filled. DO NOT attempt to do this on your own.
How is the parking?
- We strive to make it convenient for everyone to find a parking space. We understand how frustrating this can be.
- Limited Parking
- Because we typically run at almost 100% occupancy in all our buildings, we provide alternatives if the parking become to congestive.
- For the properties that have limited parking (5121 Gaston, 5727 Gaston and 5601 Gaston) we only allow one parking space for single occupants in the one-bedroom units.
Can I purchase a covered space?
- Yes. You may purchase a designated covered space for a monthly charge of $40
Can I purchase additional parking spaces?
- Yes. You may purchase a designated covered space for a monthly charge of $40.
- * UP TO TWO COVERED SPACES PER UNIT*
What is the emergency work hot line number?
- (214) 315-6727
What is the makeup of the maintenance staff?
- Our lead maintenance engineer has been with our company for 15 years.
- Our second in command has been our company 15 years as well
- Leasing Manager has worked for us for 16 years.
How do I know they are trustworthy?
- We pride ourselves in keeping a consistent team of honorable and time earned employees in order to ensure each resident the utmost in safety and excellent service.
How do I enter a work order?
- You enter a work order online http://powerproperties.com/Contact.htm#
Do you keep track of who enters my apartment for a work order?
- Yes. We use a key tracking system. This is a highly engineered system that keeps you safer than or rudimentary forms of organizing keys. Because of this system, we are able to identify who was last in your unit.
Do I need to change my own air condition filters and light bulbs?
- Filters: we do provide a service that changes your filter on an annual basis. However, once a year my not be often enough for certain residents concerned about impurities or allergens in the air. Many of our residents prefer to have their filters changed more often. In this case, the resident would simply call in a work order to have their filter changed.
- o Bulbs: We only change light bulbs that are difficult to reach in the units. We maintain all exterior bulbs and porch lights on a regular basis.
SECURITY & SAFETY +
Are properties secured?
- We provide controlled access
- Gated parking
- Gate codes to common areas
How often are gate codes changed?
- We change gate codes on a quarterly basis unless an issue arises that would require us to change it sooner, i.e., someone having the gate code that is not authorized to be on the premises.
Will anyone have access to my apartment
- No tenant has access to your apartment other than you.
- Our employees will only have access to your apartment if you grant them and only after submittal of a work order for maintenance or repair of your unit. (See maintenance)
- For crime rate comparisons for the 2013 calendar year, we have the lowest crime rates per square mile compared to the Village Apartment neighborhood, West Village & Uptown neighborhood and Oak Lawn areas.
- For 2016 crime state comparison analysis, refer to website and this link: http://www.trulia.com/crime/Dallas,TX,75214/
Is smoking allowed on the properties or in the units?
- We do not allow smoking in units
- We do not allow smoking in the pool or courtyard common areas, on lounge beds or on outdoor furniture
- Violation Fee $ 50 to $500
- Tenant will be responsible to pay for any damages caused if caught smoking in an area where damages occur
What if I notice someone smoking in the courtyard common areas?
- We understand that the other people’s smoke is in direct violation of your comfort and health. Many of you have rented from us because we do take necessary precautions.
- If you are bothered by a client smoking, please attach a picture of the client smoking and send it anonymously to email@example.com
Where our projects are located
- Historic Lakewood District
- Historic Munger District
- Historic Peak District,
Is the neighborhood safe?
- The following is a link to the current crime stats for the City of Dallas neighborhoods http://www.trulia.com/crime/Dallas,TX,75214/
- Please note that our neighborhood shows some of the lowest crime rates for the most popular neighborhoods in the City.
What is the neighborhood like?
- Please refer to the link to the recent CNN article on the best neighborhoods in the Country for the 2013 calendar year.
- Lakewood and the Historic Districts of East Dallas have often been referred to as the ”Austin of Dallas”.
What amenities and shopping are you walking or biking distance from
- We pride ourselves on offering properties in the only true historic neighborhood closest to downtown Dallas.
- The neighborhood is rich with the charm of the Historic Swiss Avenue and The Munger Historic District, the boutique restaurants of Lower Greenville and Henderson, and the best natural resource of Dallas, White Rock Lake.
- All our properties are nestled in between walking and biking distance to the new Trader Joe’s and the new Whole Foods.
Vol 1, Rev 4 (12-1-16)
5923 Gaston Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75214
(214) 550-0000 Phone